Saturday 11 November 2017

Gamification in the Beauty and Fashion Industry | University Work

Gamification is a current trend that has a major impact on digital marketing landscapes. In this post I want to share with you all how gamification is having an impact on the fashion industry. The example I am going to use is ASOS A-List. So ASOS A-List is a loyalty scheme run by ASOS, when customer spend a certain amount of money on an order they are rewarded with A-List points these points then add up to vouchers which can be used on the site. The more points that customers add up the more rewards days they get for example, for being on level one of the ASOS A-List you need between 400-1000 points and you get 2x double points days, 15% off your birthday and competitions from brands. As you progress and have more points the rewards are better and you also start to earn vouchers for 500 points you get so it works out for every £100 you spend you get £5 back in points.

Screenshot from asos.com
In my opinion ASOS have used gamification to enhance their reward/loyalty scheme. The more you shop the more points you earn which is a great aspect for ASOS as they are obviously earning more money. I feel as if customers will be tempted to do more of their shopping with ASOS as they know they will get a little something back whether its just points towards money off or an actual voucher. I know that personally I do a lot of my online shopping through ASOS and I have received a large number of points and you do get a lot of vouchers back from shopping with them which is something that always makes me go back to ASOS to do online clothes shopping. 

I feel like the ASOS A-List brings a competitive feel to online shopping. You feel rewarded when you move up to another level. It is also another way for ASOS to engage with their customers as there are special competitions for customers who take part in ASOS A-List. ASOS also engage more with customers who use A-List as there is emails that only go out to ASOS A-List customers and ASOS also send out magazines to these customers which often have little samples of products in them. 

Overall I feel like ASOS are doing the whole gamification trend very well. I feel like it makes customers want to shop with ASOS knowing they could be rewarded with vouchers. It have enabled ASOS to engage with their customers on another level. ASOS A-List is probably not the best thing for my bank account but that doesn't stop be from always going back to ASOS to do my online shopping and now more than ever I constantly find myself checking how many A-List points I have. 


No comments :

Post a Comment